Develop your creative skills in a rural workshop setting with our 5 week courses.
These 5 week courses are for beginners & intermediate levels, it is a leisure course, so there are no formal qualifications at the end of it.
The aim of all the courses is to enable complete beginners & intermediate stage students to develop their creative skills and to discover the basic & further principles of traditional & modern upholstery. Class sizes are maximum of 5 students.
During the course (this is not an comprehensive list) you will learn how to:
- use tools correctly & safely
- strip & prepare a frame for upholstery
- assemble the piece to fabric stage for either traditional or modern
- learn how to measure, match & cut fabric
For beginners for both courses you should bring along a small piece of upholstered work as your project. Eg: dining chair, drop-in seat or footstool. Intermediate students & larger pieces of furniture will need to be discussed beforehand.
Tools to start your project.
There are a few tools to borrow initially in class.
Materials, projects & fabrics are not supplied on the 5 week course.
If you wish to buy your own the folowing list is a guide for your basic kit.
- a magnetic upholstery hammer
- carpenters pincers
- Tack & staple lifter
- Wooden mallet
- Scissors (sharp fabric only scissors)
- notepad and/or camera to record your progress & to create a portfolio of work should you wish.
- Courses are payable in advance to secure your place and the bookings are confirmed via email.
- More than one course may be booked.
The 5 consecutive week block costs £175.00 per student per block of 5.
(More than one block at a time can be booked for larger or varied projects.)
Please use the contact form for confirming spaces available or to book. (updated 8th October 2019)
Days are not transferable
DAY COURSE DATES AVAILABLE FOR 2019:
SATURDAY AFTERNOON COURSE 1.30-3.30
Dates with availability:
9th November to 7th December (FULL)
4th January 2020 to 1st February (4 spaces left)
8th February to 7th March (spaces)
Classes & dates are not transferable.
Please use the contact form for confirming spaces available or to book. (updated 10th November 2019)