Terms and Conditions
The Contract shall exist between myself (Louise Neville T/a Sussex Upholstery) and the client. The contract will include those instructions written into the contract only.
1. Any additional instructions must be confirmed in writing and a price agreed for the additional work and materials, before the work can proceed. Additional work, which may not be apparent when the estimate was provided, will be advised to the client on discovery, and a course of action agreed. This includes frame repairs, which are hidden by upholstery.
2. I ( Louise Neville) will endeavour to deliver items forming part of this contract at the specified time, my obligation however, is to deliver on time providing that the materials to complete the work are available at the time the work is to be undertaken. I will keep the client informed at all times of supply problems, or other factors, which can affect delivery times.
3. All old covers will be removed prior to upholstery, these covers will be discarded unless the client advises that they are to be returned, this advice must be written into the order.
4. All new fillings applied to furniture manufactured after 1950 will be in compliance with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988. All new covering fabric supplied by us will comply with the regulations with the exception of covers which contain 80% natural fibres, when it is acceptable to use an interliner which complies with the regulations. Furniture manufactured prior to 1950 does not come within the scope of the 1988 Regulations with regard to filling or cover.
5. I reserve the right to apply a 15% surcharge for handling fabrics not supplied by myself.
6. With regard to the client’s own material: When a client supplies their own materials, it is their responsibility to ensure that the fabric is suitable for the purpose for which they intend to use it and that it complies with the relevant regulations in force with regard to Fire and Safety (as described in clause 4).
7. I will do my best to advise customers of the suitability of fabrics, whether supplied by me or not, however, I can only take responsibility for materials which are supplied by myself ONLY; covering fabric supplied by the client is at their own risk. Shortage of covering fabric supplied by the client is the client’s responsibility and not mine.
8. Printed and woven fabrics: Where printed and woven fabrics will not pattern match accurately I will inform you for further instructions.
9. Fabrics sent direct to me must have the clients name clearly marked on the delivery note so I can check, on your behalf, that I have received the correct fabric.
10. Please request fabric companies to roll all fabric on tubes, with no more than one fabric per tube. One continuous length of fabric should be used unless an extra amount is taken into account for pattern matching. I will do my best to remove creases but this cannot be guaranteed.
11. I cannot be held responsible for fabric flaws. If I cannot cut around them you will be notified.
12. Any problems with an order, whether your (the client) fault or mine (Louise Neville) must be brought to my attention within seven days of receipt of the order. There after charges will be made for any corrections. I will not be held responsible for charges if you have another company make corrections – you will still be responsible for the original bill. Charges will be made to corrections that are not my fault.
13. I reserve the right to apply a minimum of £50.00 charge to repair accidental damage not caused by myself.
14. Insurance Claims: I do not undertake work from insurance claims.
15. Rush orders will incur a surcharge of 20%
16. Carriage charges extra
17. Holiday cut off dates: Orders and fabrics must be received by 1st December for pre-Christmas Delivery
18. Complaints will be dealt with as quickly as possible and successful resolution of the same will be my prime objective.
19. Payment terms: A minimum 50% non-refundable payment is required for us to accept an order. The balance is due on full delivery. Interest on overdue accounts will be charged at 1.5% per month or part thereof, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Prices quoted stand for three months.
20. A minimum payment of 50% on signing of the contract will form an acceptance of the terms and conditions above, unless otherwise agreed in writing before the contract is made.
21. Booking terms & conditions for courses
When booking, please bear in mind that your class place or private tuition session is only confirmed once you’ve paid in full.
Louise Neville T/a is a small business, so you’ll understand that we can’t offer a refund or credit if you don’t attend (please don’t cause embarrassment by asking to do so). However, although you can’t cancel your booking, you’re welcome to send someone else in your place, providing it’s the same course!
Please tell us if your contact details change, because we’ll need them for all correspondence & contact tracing.
Very rarely, we may need to cancel or postpone a class or workshop because of unavoidable circumstances, or if a course is under-subscribed. If you’re a confirmed attendee, we’ll let you know as soon as possible & arrange alternative dates or issue you with a gift voucher to use at a other date.
Vitally, please DO NOT attend your class if you
- have had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days;
- have had any contacts with any suspected cases in the last 14 days;
- have just returned from abroad or have been in any large crowds without PPE.
There is a risk of COVID-19 infection in the community. This hasn’t gone away. I have made every effort to keep you, me and others safe during your class but the risks still exist. By entering the building for your class you have accepted these risks.
We’ll mail your gift voucher to you, or the person you’ve specified, as soon as your payment has cleared.
Your gift voucher will expire 6 months from the date of issue.
You can redeem your gift voucher by emailing Sussex Upholstery to choose the course and date you prefer. You’ll need to give us the details on your gift voucher at the time of booking.
Our standard booking terms & conditions (above) also apply to all bookings made with a gift voucher.
If we have to cancel a class or session, we’ll issue a replacement gift voucher instead of a refund.
We can’t refund any gift vouchers, but we’d be happy to transfer them to another person.
Please tell us if anyone’s contact details change, because we’ll need them for all correspondence.
Through the course of our work we collect personal information from many people. This policy outlines what information we collect, how it is stored and what it is used for. It is our policy not to use any personal information for any purpose other than which it is intended to conduct our business and provide you with services.
This policy and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are designed to protect individual’s information. Business contacts and information are considered to be in the public domain and therefore not covered. The GDPR is in force from 25th May 2018
What information will we collect and how will we use it?
We will collect basic identification information such as your name and contact details. This will be used for: The supply of any services you request. This may include passing details to third party suppliers with whom we have placed a purchase order on your behalf. That supplier will further share those details with third party couriers etc.
Details required to administer our accounts and billing.
Electronic delivery of newsletters and any other internally generated information.
Postal distribution of our approved paperwork
With the exception of any external organisations listed below we will not sell or share any personally identifiable information collected by us to any third party.
Allianze Insurance Brokers – our Insurance partner.
Both individuals and businesses may opt out of their information being passed to the above organisations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org,uk
We will retain all given information on the following basis.
All information required to administer our accounts system, including bank account details. All paper accounting information is routinely destroyed after seven years.
All other contact details and information will be retained indefinitely in paper form stored in locked filing cabinets.
We will hold the information detailed in 2) above so that we maintain archived records of membership, student attendance etc.
We will not retain any credit or debit card details beyond the period needed to take any payment due to Louise Neville T/A Sussex Upholstery.
No written or electronic record will be made of any such payment card.
We have to abide by the law of the land and if information is legitimately requested by the Government or one of their agencies we will comply with any such request.
You may at any time review or update any personally identifiable information we hold. In the first instance please make contact at email@example.com
We will take any reasonable steps to confirm your identity before any such changes are made.
This site may at times contain links to other, third party websites; Sussex Upholstery is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Sussex Upholstery reserves the right to alter, without notice, this policy if either required to under law or to improve services and benefits to our clients. The current policy will always remain available on our website www.sussexupholstery.co.uk
Addition to GDPR regarding COVID-19
Sussex Upholstery is taking action to manage the spread of Covid-19 & will require the processing & recording of data of individuals names & contact details for 21 days after each time that a student is present for a class. This is purely to help keep all students & extended persons safe so Sussex Upholstery may contact students is necessary. This is a government requirement & stands in place until 31st March 2021 & will be reviewed then by the Secretary for Health an Social Care.